Newly refurbished Villa Striano offers a sanctuary immersed in unspoiled nature and away from the crowds.
Hidden in a forest with incredible views over the valley, yet conveniently located to reach towns like Arezzo and Sansepolcro, Villa Striano has retained all typical architectural features that one looks for in a Tuscan country-retreat: terracotta floors, beamed ceilings, rustic chic furniture, several outdoor dining and sitting areas - and views over lush green hills and mountains.
The villa, after an attentive restoration work completed in late 2014, is now equipped with all modern amenities that one expects to find in a luxury accommodation: private swimming pool, sauna, WiFi internet, satellite TV, just to name a few.
The drive to Villa Striano couldn't be more scenic: drive off the main road that takes you from the charming village of Talla to the mountains and into an unpaved road. The forest will immediately embrace you and guide you to the villa, leaving behind the stress and worries of the everyday life.
The villa appears in front of you, surrounded by an immaculately maintained lawn and with the mountains of northern Arezzo as backdrop.
In the main building find the generously sized common areas as well as five bedrooms, all with private en suite bathrooms.
The annex with a bedroom and sauna is located next to the private swimming pool gym. The pool area is fronted by a hand-painted fountain while the area immediately underneath it has a separate section equipped with stones, perfect for spa-like feet massages.
The grounds surrounding Villa Striano are the proud result of the patience and hard work of Luca, the head gardener of the estate.
These are the perfect setting to enjoy numerous outside sitting and dining areas scattered all around: by the pool (with fully equipped kitchen and BBQ area), right outside the annexe's or ground floor bedrooms, behind the kitchen. A path eventually leads you down, after a pleasant stroll, to the river where one can fish or enjoy a picnic.
The unspoilt nature of the Casentino mountains, the area North of Arezzo, with its chestnut, beech and oak tree forests invites to unwind and enjoy the simple yet exquisite pleasures of life: meals prepared with fresh produce, the company of good friends and local wine.
Main Villa - Ground Floor
- Dining room with antique wood burning oven
- Modern and fully equipped kitchen with breakfast table, access to the garden and a covered dining area
- TV room with satellite TV, which opens up to a living room with comfortable sofas and fireplace
- Double bedroom with living room and adjacent bathroom (shower). This room can also be accessed directly from outside
Main Villa - First Floor
- Loggia overlooking the annex and pool area
- Double bedroom, en suite bathroom (tub & separate shower), living room with sofa
- Double bedroom, en suite bathroom (tub & separate shower)
- Twin bedded room with en suite bathroom (shower)
- Double bedroom with en suite bathroom (shower)
- Ground Floor:
- Bathroom and sauna
- First Floor (accessible from outside):
- Double bedroom with WC
The road to the villa is unpaved but in fair condition
- Barbecue area
- CD player
- DVD player
- Internet access (wireless broadband)
- Outdoor dining area
- Swimming pool (outdoor private pool)
- TV (satellite TV with English channels)
- Washing machine & dryer
See the full gallery of photos on Flickr.